The Residence Hall Fernando de los Rios was inaugurated on the 1st of October 1994 and reformed between 2014-2016. It disposes of a capacity for 374 residents distributed as follows: 172 double rooms, 16 individual rooms, 10 apartments and also 4 specially adapted rooms for residents with reduced mobility.
It is a mixed Residence Hall principally destined to accommodate students and professors of the Universidad Carlos III de Madrid during the academic year. In the event of increased availability, we open our doors to other collectives (students of distinct Universities, public recruitment students, etc).
We also dispose of rooms for short stays, catering for both individual and group bookings, throughout the year.
If you wish to visit, appointments can be arranged by telephone or by e-mail. These visits will be held, preferably, from Monday to Friday during the morning. In the event of all rooms being occupied, only the communal areas of the Residence will be shown.
All rooms dispose of a private bathroom and are equipped with 90 x 200 cm single beds, pillow and bedspread. If your stay is for a four month period or for the full academic year you will need to bring your own bedclothes and towels.
For those staying on a room only basis, the room disposes of a fully equipped kitchen (sink, hotplates, extractor hood, fridge and typical kitchen furniture).
The furniture in the room comprises of a wardrobe, chest of drawers, bookshelves and a chair and study desk.
Also, the room features individually adjustable climate control (hot and cold), telephone, shared TV antenna and internet connection by means of both cable and Wifi.
- Additional cleaning
- Parking garage for cars and motorcycles
- Telephone line for exterior calls
- Document printing service
- Self-service dryers/washers
- Vending machines
At the Halls of Residence you will live alongside other students and share experiences that will enrich your path through University life. For this reason, the Residence Hall disposes of installations, communal areas and services that foment the social and academic lives of its residents.
All the installations are smoke free spaces, and smoking in common areas and rooms is not permitted, in compliance with the Law 28/2005, of the 26th of December.
The Residence Hall organizes during the academic year an array of sporting, cultural, and festive activities with the intention of enhancing the social lives of our residents.
We need your collaboration and participation for you to enjoy the events such as conferences, debating societies, exhibitions, sporting events, trips and cultural visits.
Amongst some of the activities that are held every year are the following:
- Cultural: conferences, courses and theater.
- Sports: University league competitions, Olympic Games with teams represented by the residents of each Residence Hall.
- Leisure: excursions, visits to TV programs and companies.
Prices of accommodation for the forthcoming academic year 2021/2022 for residents staying the full academic year, semesters or four month periods:
- Double Room: 760 €
- Individual Room: 915 €
- Apartment: 990 €
- Double Room: 445 €
- Individual Room: 605 €
- Apartament: 685 €
* 10% Tax not included.
* Residents with an accredited disability will receive a 25% discount from the official prices of accomodation. This discount is not applied to the cost of catering.
* For stays during the 1st semester in which the leaving date is before the month of January, as a direct consequence of official exams being taken in the month of December, the price will be increased by 15% per month.
* The prices for an apartment which will be occupied by more than one person must be consulted in Administration.
Prices are monthly, per person, and include: accommodation, full board (only when this option is selected), computer connection including internet access, Wifi, TV antenna, monthly room cleaning service (room only residents), fortnightly room cleaning service (full board residents), water consumption, electric consumption, gas consumption, use of all communal areas and participation in cultural, sporting and leisure activities.
An accommodation option for those connected to the University (professors, investigators, etc), or for family members of residents and other collectives. The duration of these stays will be limited.
You can check the availability of the room for this type of stay by completing and sending us the following online form:
|Double Room||Individual Room||Double Apartment||Individual Apartment|
|Bed and breakfast||49,00€||41,00€||60,00€||52,00€|
- Prices include tax.
- Prices per day, for stays of up to one week. Discounts are available for longer stays, contact Administration for details.
- Includes room cleaning and change of linen twice a week.
If you would like to reserve accommodation for a group, whether this be for the celebration of a sporting event, a congress, a conference, summer courses, etc. contact us and we will provide a personalized offer.